- gathered stones to cleanse
- Directional Power Point stones for Imbolc: Amethyst, Bloodstone, Garnet, Ruby, Turquoise, Onyx
- bowl of cool water (add a very small drop of dish soap if stones have gotten very dirty, but warm water and soap can cause damage to some gems so be frugal. Don't pour your water outside afterwards if you use detgergant.)
- decorative towels (1 to set them on before cleaning, 1 to wipe stones, 1 to set them to dry)
- White or light blue candle and a white tealight
- incense appropriate to Imbolc and/or cleansing (sage, dragon's blood, pine or cedar, sandalwood)
- Ritual Cleansing Brew or use any of the following: mugwort herb, lavender, evergreen, pine, and/or sage
- Cauldron for cleansed stones to rest until finished. Though the cauldron is usually a feminine symbol of the Goddess womb, for Imbolc it represents masculine in the new God born from the womb at Yule and the Dagda, Father of the Gods.
I began by gathering all of the stones I intended to clean. I have many in my collection so I will likely do this more than once for Imbolc between January 31st to February 3rd, and so for space I use a large table top rather than a ritual altar. I like laying down dish towels that have images of burning candles on them such as those marketed for the Christmas holiday because the bright festive look is perfect for Imbolc.
- "Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic", copyright Scott Cunningham 1988, Llewellyn's Sourcebook Series 1997.
- "Life Forces: A Contemporary Guide to the Cult and Occult", copyright Louis Stewart 1980, Andrews & McMeel.
- "Meaning of the Cauldron in Myth, Modern Neo-paganism, and Wicca", copyright T. Pruitt.
- "Petition of Blessing from Brigid for an Object" and "Petition of Blessing from The Dagda for an Object", copyright T. Pruitt 2013.
- I enjoyed this website, which here offers some guidelines for selecting, clearing, and maintenance of crystals for psychic energy work or magick... "The Care and Feeding of Crystals".
- A nice Internet resource page... "Clearing and Cleansing Gemstones and Crystals".
- "Cleansing Your Crystals with Other Stones".
- And then the other side of the stone... "To Cleanse or Not to Cleanse".
- "Imbolc Sabbat", Whispering Worlds
- "The Season of Imbolc: Ideas for Honouring the Season of Imbolc"